IBM Notes and Outlook both are highly used desktop-based email clients. But if we talk about which application is best then most professionals recommend users use Microsoft Outlook because Outlook provides a much easier user interface than IBM Notes. Apart from this, you need to hire a professional that has a keen knowledge of Domino Server. Now the question is how users can convert NSF to PST file format.
Don’t worry, in this article, I will share all procedures that will help you easily export Domino/ HCL/ Lotus Notes NSF files into Outlook PST format. Apart from this, you also get in touch with a professional solution that will help you easily convert lotus notes to Outlook PST file format with complete data security.
Best Tricks to Export NSF to PST File Format:
Using two different techniques users can convert Lotus Notes to Outlook:
1: Free Manual Method Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook
To export NSF to PST manually, follow the below-given steps:
A: In IBM Notes Email Client
- First, open IBM Notes software.
- Click on the Open tab and choose Mail Item which you want to export
- Now select the File tab and hit on the Export option.
- Put the file name, provide the destination location, and select Save as type (Comma Separated Value).
- Finally hit on the Export option. (CSV file created).
B: In Outlook Email Client
- Open Microsoft Outlook >> Click on the File tab >> Choose the import/export option.
- Select “Import from another program or file” and hit on Next.
- Choose Comma Separated Value and press the next button.
- Now hit on the Browse button and select the CSV file that you exported from Lotus Notes.
- After that choose the destination location folder where you want to migrate the CSV file and hit on the Export button.
2: Convert NSF to PST Using Professional Software,
MailsDaddy NSF to PST Converter is a well-programmed solution to convert Lotus Notes NSF file databases into Outlook PST format. It offers users to export IBM Notes NSF files in several formats such as PST, MSG, EML, MBOX, RTF, Office 365, Live Exchange Server, etc.
Here users can also save NSF file contact into CSV/VCF and calendar details in ICS format. The application has the ability to convert some selected NSF files/folders/emails into Microsoft PST format. Moreover, it provides the option to migrate multiple NSF files into single or separate PST files. Before migration, it shows the preview of all NSF data.”
Other Features of This Solution:
- Swiftly exports data from Lotus Notes NSF file databases into Outlook PST format.
- The software is helpful in converting the encrypted NSF file in a safe manner.
- It does not make any changes in the original folder structure and text formatting.
- Display the preview of all NSF file databases in the preview section before conversion.
- Allows users to split the heavy NSF file into several small PST files as per requirement.
- Supports all versions of Lotus Notes, Domino server, Outlook, and Windows OS.
Free Demo: This NSF to PST Converter tool comes with a free trial version pack so that users can test it before purchase. The free demo version pack enables users to export the first 20 email items per mailbox from NSF to PST.
At The End: As you saw the manual process is lengthy and there are a lot of chances of data loss. So, all professionals suggest users use a third-party solution like MailsDaddy NSF to PST Converter. It can easily export single or multiple Lotus Notes NSF files into PST format with full accuracy. Moreover, for any help, you can contact the MailsDaddy support team that are always available for user help.
Also Read: A Quick Guide on Business Central Support